Invisalign® – Brampton, ON
Improving Oral Health and Beautifying Grins Without the Hassle of Metal
Do you feel like people that you’re engaging in conversations with are focusing on your crooked teeth rather than what you have to say? Not only can this cause your self-esteem and confidence to take a massive hit, but it can also dissuade you from putting yourself out there and meeting new people. Up until a couple of decades ago, the only orthodontic treatment that people could get was traditional metal braces. While it’s a perfectly fine solution for some, the thought of having a mouthful of metal wires and brackets as an adult doesn’t sit well with you. How are you supposed to maintain your professional image? Will people stop to comment on your orthodontic appliance? One thing is for sure, it’s that you’d rather not deal with having metal in your mouth. When you visit Salvaggio Dentistry, you won’t have to because we offer Invisalign clear braces!
Why Choose Salvaggio Dental For Invisalign?
- Custom-Tailored Orthodontic Treatments
- Experienced Team of Dentists
- Convenient and Flexible Office Hours
The Invisalign Process
The first step to take to start your Invisalign journey is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Salvaggio or Dr. Al Khoury. We will start by examining your teeth and gums and taking digital impressions and images of your mouth and facial structure. This will allow us to form a customized treatment timeline to straighten your teeth and fix any other orthodontic issues, like bite problems. We’ll then collect all of our information and send it off to our Invisalign laboratory so they can custom-craft your aligners.
When your first set of aligners arrives at our office, we’ll schedule an appointment to show you how to take care of them. You’ll wear each pair for about two weeks at a time for at least 22 hours every day. The only moments that you’ll have them out of your mouth are when you’re eating, drinking anything besides water, or brushing and flossing your teeth. During your adjustment period, you may forget to put them back in your mouth, which is why it’s always a good idea to set a reminder on your phone to build good habits. Every six to eight weeks, we’ll call you in for checkups, or progress reports. These are short 15 to 30-minute visits where we’ll make sure you’re on the right track and give you your new set of aligners.
Benefits of Choosing Invisalign
Patients typically choose Invisalign treatment instead of metal braces because aligners offer unique benefits, such as:
- Discreet: The primary reason why adults and teens choose Invisalign is because they’re made from a practically unnoticeable clear plastic, allowing you to be more confident while undergoing treatment.
- Keep Eating Your Favorite Foods: With metal brackets and wires, you have to stop eating certain foods because it could break your appliance. With Invisalign, all you have to do is to your aligners out before you enjoy all of your favorite foods and drinks.
- Easy to Clean: Instead of maneuvering around brackets and wires, to brush and floss your teeth with Invisalign, you just have to take them out beforehand! To sanitize your trays, simply brush them with a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear antibacterial soap daily.
- Shorter Average Treatment Times: If you were to get metal braces, you may have to wear them for over two years. With Invisalign, the average treatment time is shorter, allowing you to enjoy your improved smile sooner.
- More Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are crafted from a smooth, FDA-approved plastic that doesn’t rub against your oral tissues and cause irritation.
Problems That Invisalign Can Fix
Invisalign is more versatile than many patients realize. If you suffer from any of the following problems, you’ll be able to benefit from the clear braces process:
- Crooked and misaligned teeth.
- Minor bite problems.
- Gaps between teeth.
- Crowded teeth.
The first step towards getting a smile that’s healthier and more beautiful is to schedule a consultation at Salvaggio Dentistry by contacting our office. Our team of dental professionals will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and help you begin your journey!